Thursday, February 2, 2017

zExploding Barrel


Our assignment was to design a barrel for our race track. We got to design anything using it for our level and getting inspiration from our theme. Sense I am unsure about my theme I went with the year of my car and how I view my car. I modeled a 1965 mustang with mods inspired from mad max. Doing some research on the 60's a lot of inventions came out. So I designed a blacklight barrel sense the blacklight came out in the 60's and it seemed  like fun. Also with more of a common design and made a construction cone barrel thinking people would want to avoid them anyway. After looking into the concept more I came up with a 3rd and final plan that will involve a radio from the 60's that is modded to blow up and would fit my car and overall theme of a retro 60's track.

Above is the black light design as a cube that would burst into many directions and would glow. Took away this design after noticing my car and theme overall is not future like and the concept would not complement the car. 
Cone design will small changes added but was unhappy with the turn out and overall I got bored at the idea of modeling and programming a cone to blow up...so this idea is taken off the list but shown for process. 


Final design is a radio from the 60's time period that has been taken in a shop and modded with explosives and lightbulbs for warning signals for the player. The lightbulb would turn on prior to the radio blowing up giving a few seconds of a warning to the player near. Going for a retro theme overall and below are photo reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment