Monday, February 20, 2017

Particle : Electric Explosion

Creating a electric explosion for a barrel in my race track. My barrel is a radio robot so it made sense to have electricity play a role in the particle effect. Getting inspiration from real life explosions the particle will have to have multiple emitters. Below is the video reference for the particle.

After watching the video the explosion have many different forms of setting off. Some start with smoke that lead to a fire, electric burst, and later explosion. Others let out a electrical beam it two separate targets that connect which cause the explosion. The overall color seems to fall under cool colors like blue, green, dark pick. Earlier in the video is more of the direction of what I am aiming for in my particle. I would like to add a smoke effect in it prior to the electricity being let out.

Below is the tutorial I used to get started because there was little info found on electric particles (at least that gave some direction of how to make it.)

 
After re-watching this video I was able to get started on at least creating a electric beam but as a emitter not a arched beam. Here are some screenshots of what I tried and worked with. The particle is no where near what it needs to get to (mostly because I am still figuring out what works with what.) After more research and further development of the particle I should get better results.
Work in progress

Materials I had to make for the use of this (got the idea from the electric particle in the Unreal tutorial) 
So far what I have for a particle (its in beam form to see it better)

No comments:

Post a Comment