Monday, January 30, 2017

Programming

The challenge for the week was to take a spiky block we made and give it personality. I created one of my old designs of a little robot for the block and added a spike for damage. Using blueprint classes I created a animation for the block to follow. Later made it so the eyes change color when the player gets close warning them its not friendly. Adding sound effects, color changes, camera shakes, and block movements the player can clearly be warned the block will do something. Overall fun to play with so we created a small level showing off the spiky block we created. I made a small ice cave where your the explorer trying to collect all the gold (coins) in the level. Learning about the timeline nod in blueprint was helpful and is a much cleaner way of animating the blocks with more flexibility and control. The video below is my play-through of the level.

No comments:

Post a Comment