Friday, March 17, 2017

    Moving forward with the racing assignments I research "Forza Horizon 2" for my attract trailer. At one point in time I used to own the XBOX One which gave me the opportunity to buy and play the Forza series of racing games. Forza has been around for along time and always impresses me with the cars. Sense this game was introducing so many features they had a lot of in game trailers. I choose this trailer for multiple reasons. One because it was one of the early launch trailers that introduced the game with real gameplay. The video even has a note in the bottom left side saying "All xbox one in-game footage" which is what we were looking for so it made it much easier. Lastly I used to play this game non-stop and I don't play a lot of racing games. For some reason this one got me hooked and I still miss playing it. Watching the trailer made me want to buy the game again. Forza has some of the most impressive graphics which can make the game get confused for a car simulation but it has pure arcade value. Tons of modes for the players to enter and compete in.  

    Below is the trailer I watched and it has tons of editing in it that were very effective. It worked because it truly sells the game for what it is, fun, fast, and simple great looking. Showing off all the traveling you as the player will do both on and off road. The cuts seem to work well and the camera angles all flow together making it seamless. Overall good for reference for a race trailer with all the dynamic shots showing off all the important features within a two minute period. The is great trailer still holds to this day and I remember watching it when it first got launched made me super excited to play it. Good audio although at times it can be a little much with whats going on but its rare. Would play this game again after watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment